Lallemand WildBrew Sour Pitch 10 g
WildBrew Sour Pitch is a high-performance, high-purity lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles. WildBrew Sour Pitch produces a clean and balanced citrus flavor profile typical of both traditional and modern sour beer styles. When inoculated at optimal temperature and the right conditions, it is a powerful, safe and easy way to handle bacteria for various beer souring techniques, such as a typical kettle souring process. Besides providing an outstanding performance, WildBrew Sour Pitch is capable of delivering consistent results for brewers. Styles brewed with this bacteria include, but are not limited to, Berliner Weisse, Gose, lambic, American Wild, and Sour IPA.
Classified as Lactobacillus plantarum, a facultative hetero-fermentative strain.
Typical Analysis of WildBrew Sour Pitch:
- Viable Bacteria > 10" CFU/g
- Dry Matter > 92%
- Coliform < 102CFU/g
- Acetic Bacteria < 104CFU/g
- Moulds < 103CFU/g
- Yeast < 103CFU/g
In line with Lallemand's strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of WildBrew Sour Pitch is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
In Lallemand's Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew Sour Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours).
- High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor is citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew Sour Pitch when producing sour beer styles is between 30°C to 40°C (86°F to 104°F).
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Open the sachet and add WildBrew Sour Pitch directly to unhopped wort at a rate of 10g/hL, ensuring temperature is 30 - 40°C (86 - 104°F).
For better distribution rehydrate WildBrew Sour Pitch in a mix of unhopped wort and water (50/50) 10 times the weight of inoculation at 30°C +/- 5°C (86°F +/- 8°F).
Monitor pH drop and test regularly.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- Inoculation 10g/hL
- pH > 3.4
- Temperature 30 - 40°C (86 - 104°F)
PACKAGING & STORAGE
- WildBrew Sour Pitch is currently available in 250g packs (for 25hL / 660 US gal).
- This product can be stored for 18 months at 4°C (40°F) or 36 months at -18°C (0°F) in its original sealed packaging.
- This product can be delivered and stored at ambient temperature (<25°C / 77°F) for 3 weeks without significant loss of viability.
- It is recommended to use the entire sachet of WildBrew Sour Pitch after opening.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.