Berliner and Gose Yeast Kit
Our Berliner Weisse and Gose Yeast Kit takes all of the guesswork out of choosing the best yeast combination for your next sour fermentation! Our kit uses Imperial Loki, a kveik strain that is happiest at the same optimal temperature as Lactobacillus, meaning that you can ferment your Berliner or Gose at 90 F without worrying about it getting stuck, not being sour enough, or having the right array of flavors.
The Lacto included in this kit will produce lactic acid to give your craft beer a slightly sour, acidic flavor, while the Loki yeast will produce a clean and orange forward flavor profile, giving you the perfect balance to keep it unflavored, to add coriander and salt, or any fruit or fruit flavor you’d like!
The best part is that you don’t need a stir plate, don’t need to make a yeast starter, and you can do this with any wheat beer, blonde, or any style beers that you want a clean and complex lactic sourness to.
This Yeast Kit Includes
Use the Berliner and Gose Yeast Kit For 5 Gallon Batches Of
- Insane Wizard Berliner Weisse, Extract or All Grain
- Lightning Hammer Hibiscus Gose, Extract or All Grain
- Honey Wheat, Extract or All Grain
- Belgian Blonde, Extract or All Grain
Directions For Use
- Brew your favorite sour recipe kit
- Cool the wort to 90 F
- Pitch both Imperial Organic Yeast Kveiking and Wyeast 5335 Lactobacillus buchneri together into the wort
- Ferment between 80 F and 90 F for 14 days
- Add fruits, spices, sea salt, or anything else that you'd like!
- Share triumphantly with everyone you know